Speeding Tickets and Improper Equipment

speeding-ticket-alamance-county“I was NOT going that fast!”

You just got a speeding ticket, but it wasn’t your fault. Really. Your speedometer had to have been off – right? If it was – or even if it wasn’t – you may be able to protect your record and avoid higher insurance prices by entering a plea to Improper Equipment.

To make this plea, you don’t need to prove that your car has faulty equipment. The term is accepted in court as a way to handle a speeding ticket. If you can use this plea, you will not get insurance points or DMV points. Your insurance rates will not increase.

To be eligible for this non-moving violation, you:

     •Must not have used it more frequently than once every three years,

     •Might have to complete a defensive driving course.

     •Cannot have been speeding more than 20 mph over the posted speed limit.

If you’d like to find out more about how an Improper Equipment might work for you and your circumstances, give me a call. Whether the fault is a broken speedometer or a heavy foot, I may be able to help.

About Deborah Huynh

Deborah Huynh is an Alamance County attorney, with a proven record of effective representation for her clients. She practices criminal law and can also help you with simple divorces, separation agreements, traffic offenses, and expungements. As her client, you’ll find she’s an approachable and trustworthy ally. In the courtroom, she fiercely seeks justice. Contact Ms. Huynh, a genuine advocate who truly cares for her clients.