Simple Divorce

young couple having a fightIn North Carolina, if you have been separated from your spouse for one full year, you may be able to obtain a simple divorce. As the name implies, a simple divorce is just about breaking apart the marriage. Issues of property, child custody, child support or spousal support are not addressed.

If your divorce does have property or support matters, a complaint can be filed with the court before or concurrently with the simple divorce. You will lose your right to plead these issues after the divorce is final if you don’t plead them when you file the complaint.

For assistance with your simple divorce, contact me. I’ll help you with the paperwork and filing. You may not even have to appear before the court. Call me today and let’s talk about how you can get started on your simple divorce, and move on to the next chapter in your life.

About Deborah Huynh

Deborah Huynh is an Alamance County attorney, with a proven record of effective representation for her clients. She practices criminal law and can also help you with simple divorces, separation agreements, traffic offenses, and expungements. As her client, you’ll find she’s an approachable and trustworthy ally. In the courtroom, she fiercely seeks justice. Contact Ms. Huynh, a genuine advocate who truly cares for her clients.